5.10.2012

Diary of the Housewife with the Growing Belly


I just got married and I already have a bun in the oven!  Who would have thought!  Talk about a surprise...a very good surprise.  Funny thing was that we sat down to watch our Wedding DVD last night (for the very first time I might add),  and during my Dad’s toast he says, “We can’t wait to have Grand kids and we are going to love them to the ends of this earth…but not too soon!!!  Well surprise! Baby Willard is on it’s way!  Babies are amazing little miracles.  From as early as conception there is a little human being growing (rapidly, I might add) inside of me.  This innocent little baby is relying on me already.  Life is amazing!  In less than 6 months I’m going to be somebody’s Mommy!  I can’t wait!

So the first thing that came to my mind after I took the initial pregnancy test, OK 2nd after the extreme fear,  was the thought of gaining weight, (think Jessica Simpson only days ago)…I started on a “pregnancy essentials diet” consisting of all things that are good for myself and the baby.  Ok, maybe I indulge in a few bad things every once in awhile but who doesn’t.  I’m by no means a pregnancy binge eater… yet,  but knowing that I’ll have to work my A** off later to take the weight I gained off, it’s totally NOT worth it now.  
  
Aside from the extreme bloating, I realized the other day that I actually have a little bump!  The bloating really does throw you off though. I’m beginning to think that all the symptoms I endured pre-pregnancy are exacerbated by 100x while pregnant.  I have to keep reminding myself that this will all end come November.  Whatever doesn’t kill me, makes me stronger…(and tired) 

Thankfully for me dresses tend to be my wardrobe staple and expand with my growing belly but on the occasional day I opt for jeans or pants I soon realize that the second I put them on, I want them off!  I have become very protective of the little gentleman or little lady residing in my belly.  The best invention ever was given to me the other day by my Mom, the amazing Belly Band!  I can still wear my jeans but keep my top button unbuttoned so that I don’t feel like the baby is being constricted. I spend less time worrying about my pants and enjoy my growing belly!  I just know it, the belly band and I are going to be the best of friends!  I’m just wondering how much longer it will be until I have to retire my favorite designer jeans… 

1 comment: