3.19.2012

For The Love of Peeps!!!



Who doesn't love a Peep?  They are the cutest little things that taste so deliciously good. Every Easter I anticipate getting Peeps in my Easter basket.  Yes, I still get an Easter basket and I can honestly say that I get just as excited about seeing the cellophane wrapped basket laying at the door as when I was little.  My Mom is the absolute BEST!  What used to be filled with Barbies and My Little Ponies, it is now filled with giftcards, accessories, Mac Makeup and of course Peeps!

It's so easy to devour an entire package in one sitting so I got to thinking that rather than consuming them all  it would be fun to start cooking with my Peeps and sharing my treats with others.  The first of my amazing little creations was Peepshi. What are peepshi you ask?  PEEPS + Sushi = Peepshi!!!  They are so adorably cute that you almost don't want to eat them!  But you do anyway...

Happy Peepshi making!  Until next time!

-Bisous et calin! (Hugs & kisses)
-N



Ingredients:

Assorted PEEPS Marshmallow Shapes
Homemade Rice Crispies Treats ( I made my own because I don't like how the boxed treats taste)
Fruit by the Foot or rolled fruit snacks
Small Round Cookie Cutter
Knife


Directions:

To create Large PEEPS sushi pieces:
 
1. Use a knife to cut rice crispies into 2"x 3/4" horizontal pieces.   2.  Cut the top part off of the PEEPS  (I Hate to use the word "head" so lets call it the top part...poor PEEPS) Place the body of the PEEPS Marshmallow Chick on top of one of the rice crispy treats cereal. Wrap one of the rolled fruit snack strips around  and press the ends together until they stick.  Voila, instant sashimi!
  
To create Round Cut Roll PEEPS:       
  1. Using a cookie cutter press into a section of the rice crispies cereal to punch out a circle.
  2. Wrap the fruit snack strip around the circle and cut off, fold over and stick to the other end.  Using kitchen scissors or a knife cut the excess.  Stick the head on top of the circle and voila, instant Peeps cut roll!
There are endless combinations with colors and ingredients so play around and have fun!!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment