2.08.2012

When I grow up, I want to be a little girl...

As a little girl I always loved to play with Paperdolls.  I probably had about twenty books of cut out dolls each that came with their own wardrobe, shoe collection and many great accessories.  But one day I became bored with the Paperdolls that only came with a couple different outfits, didn't have a house they could call home and they never had a car to drive.  A brilliant idea had hit me...if I waited for Sunday morning to come, I could pull all the sale ads to use them to cut out all of my own Paperdolls.  I then found myself sitting on the floor cutting out my own version of a Paperdoll. I used everything from the Fashion ads for the actual dolls, I would cut the cars from the car ads, trim the the tiny food I would find in the coupon section, and cut out the furniture in the furniture ads.  It sounds like alot of wasted time and effort and most people would opt to buy the already perforated paperdolls, but for me it was so much more.  I created hours of fun out of something so simple.  I used what so many children lack these days... my imagination.

Several of you have been asking about the ADORABLE Paperdoll creations that you have either seen on my blog or received from me in some form of stationery in these past months.  I wanted to share with you the amazing and talented artist behind these adorable creations.  Tricia Rennea of Trillustrations, http://triciarennea.blogspot.com/ has created for me everything from my custom Wedding Binder to Custom Wedding Stationery, to Party and Wedding Invitations and my favorite of all...my own personal "Nikki & Jason" Paperdolls!!!
When I had originally recruited Tricia for the project, I gave her photos of Jason and I, details of my wedding dress and our wedding colors,  and made lists of things that Jason and I both enjoyed in life.  Hence the Mac Makeup and designer handbags for me and the Scotch and cigars for Jason. Sooo stinking cute!  The end result are these amazing pages of personalization that tell our love story.  What I am most excited about is that one day I will have the opportunity to take them out to play with my own little girl.  Always a kid at heart I knew that when I grew up I wanted to be a little girl...


I love the Mac Makeup and personalized cigar box!       











The Final Product!!! 







No comments:

Post a Comment