2.13.2012

Diary of a Chocoholic...


I am always up for easy dessert recipes. I am not a Baker myself so I leave the baking in the hands of my trusted Baking Beauties.  You know who you are Lauren and Kerry…In fact in most cases I would rather drive out of the way to grab a pie from Marie Calenders than to attempt baking myself.  

My family will never let me forget all of the Baking mishaps I had while growing up.  Let’s see, Raw Lemon Bars, Salt instead of sugar and many more I probably chose to forget.  But you know what, at least I can laugh about it. Oh and I still have yet to revisit making the Lemon Bars. ;)

I stumbled upon this recipe while searching for a Valentine’s themed Dessert.    Trifles usually present well so I figured I’d give it a whirl.  It completely exceeded my expectations,  It is fabulously easy, looks and tastes OH SO GOOD! The original recipe called for Chocolate Shavings however with so much chocolate already, I wanted to add another texture and did so with the Heath Toffee pieces.  OMG.  Freaking delish!  Between the Brownies, the Heath and the cream filling that resembles that of a jar of Marshmallow cream, this dessert is divine and can’t be described in its entirety of satisfaction.  JUST TRY IT!

Bisous et calin! 
-N









 Ingredients:
  • 1 (19.8 ounce) package brownie mix
  • 1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
  • 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
  • 1 bag or Heath Toffee Candy Baking Pieces
Directions:
  1. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and cool completely. Cut into 1 inch squares.
  2. In a large bowl, combine pudding mix, water and sweetened condensed milk. Mix until smooth, then fold in 8 ounces whipped topping until no streaks remain.
  3. In a trifle bowl, glass serving dish or mini trifle bowls, place half of the brownies, half of the pudding mixture and half of the 12 ounce container of whipped topping. Repeat layers. Top with Toffee Pieces.   Refrigerate at least 6-8 hours before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment