1.12.2012

People's Choice Awards - Fashion Heck Ya or Hella No

Is it awards season already?  My gosh!  A year has come and gone already which means I have aged a year and possibly have developed one more fine line which will require even more botox than already is necessary.  With age comes a  price tag but if you ask me, you can't put a price tag on being fabulous.  If you've got it, fight nature for as long as you possibly can until gravity gets the better of you and there is no more hope.  Haha. Ok so we will forget about that and move on to what is in the moment-FASHION!  Get out your baubles and bling-Awards season has begun and is already making a bang thanks to the vibrant jewel tones this season. The celebs dazzled on the red carpet and looked anything but blah on last nights People's Choice Awards.

Kayley Cuoco
Kaley Cuoco made it through with her bubbly personlaity as the host of last nights awards, however I felt that she needed some more "oomph."  Award hosts tend to be tuned out and in most cases fast forwarded.  Rarely are their scripted jokes funny and when they do make a joke they wait for the audience to laugh.  Isn't the whole point of being funny to be smooth about it?  Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Kaley as Penny on Big Bang Theory so by no means am I trying to discredit her.  It takes alot of courage to get up in front of an auditorium of thousands of people not to mention a million more viewers watching you and critiquing every move you make.  But take Neil Patrick Harris for example. The man is brilliant.  He sings, he dances and he acts!  We never seem to bore of him hence another accolade for "How I met your Mama" as Cuba Gooding Jr so hilariously put it..  There wouldn't be a "How I met your Mother" without him as there isn't a Two and a Half Men without Charlie Sheen...yes I said it.  With all that said, bring Neil Patrick Harris back as an awards host!!!


Julianne Hough

Sharon and Kelly Osbourne

So with all of the fabulous color in this seasons palette, why would Kaley's styling team have blended her into a wall with so little color for each outfit change? Aside from the initial red number, she bored in blah colors.  I wanted to see her come out in something fabulous like the dress that Julianne Hough wore.  Now that was stunning!  She exuded the confidence and her beauty shone through as she sparkled down the red carpet and on stage.  In the past year I am really noticing Julianne's evolution as a true star.  She must have hired a stylist as her appearances are becoming much more frequent and her wardrobe hasn't yet dissapointed now that she is the arm candy of Ryan Seacrest.  She is a natural beauty which helps but she always seems to dress tasteful and always with class. She and Stacy Keibler are on my top 10 of Best Dressed Celebs.  

Lea Michelle
Chloe Moretz, Emma Stone & Nina Dobrev
Green with Envy

Did I mention I am loving the jewel tones!  Nina Dobrev of Vampire Diaries rocked in a bold green lace dress with nude heels as did Chloe Moretz who won for favorite Movie Star Under 25.  She is an adorable 14 years old and was so appropraitely dressed for her age.  This is what I hate about child stars today...They grow up way too fast in Hollywood and are usually doomed by the age of 16.  Let kids be kids. Yes, I wanted to wear high heels and wear makeup at the age of 6, but thankfully I had a logical Mother who gave me something to look forward the day that I was allowed to do and wear those things.  Kids grow up too quikcly already. 

I was utterly dissapointed with Emma Stone's ensemble as I have seen her do so much better!  I loved that she incorporated the ever so popular green but I would have liked to see her in something a bit more feminine.  With all of the designers literally hurling gowns in her direction, I'm sure she had more options than this.  Thumbs down Emma Stone.  Until we meet again...



Vanessa Hudgens
 Glamour Goddess

Vanessa Hudgens wore a gorgeous webbed style black Jenny Packham dress with a plunging neckline and backless detail. The black dress added extra glamour with gold spiderweb detail and a flowing train. Now this is what I want to see on the red carpet.  This is what the awards shows are all about. 
Gowns on the ladies and suits on the men.  Where has the formality gone? Just because you are a celebrity shouldnt mean you can wear whatever you want.  If you are respected enough to be honored for an award, dress the part.  No jeans allowed. Kudos to Vanessa for adding the glamour to a special night in Hollywood. 

Demi Lovato


Fashion Hella No

Demi Lovato wore a
peach coloured dress by Marchesa which showed off her curves. 
The low cut ensemble boasted beaded detail around the bodice, a figure hugging skirt as well as a sheer train.  I liked that she has a more womanly figure and flaunted her curves, however the top of the bodice looked as if she took the Himalayas and placed them in her dress.    Thumbs down Demi. Until we meet again...

Kat Dennings and Beth Behrs looked like absolute train wrecks.  Enough said.  Regardless of how I think they look, these "Two Broke Girls" are laughing all the way to the bank.
Kat Dennings and Beth Behrs

Overall I was more impressed than dissapointed by the fashion that was modeled this last evening at the awards.  I have high hopes for what this awards season is yet to bring.  I look forward to vibrant colors, exquisite detail and always done with class and discernment.

Among the TV winners were "How I Met Your Mother" for TV comedy, "Two Broke Girls" for new TV comedy, "Hot in Cleveland" for cable TV comedy, Neil Patrick Harris for TV comedy actor, "Supernatural" for TV drama and sci-fi/fantasy show, "Person of Interest" for new TV drama, "Pretty Little Liars" for cable TV drama and Nathan Fillion for TV drama actor.

No comments:

Post a Comment