7.12.2012

Baby Willard's Gender Reveal Party!!!!

IT'S A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot believe I am past the halfway mark in my pregnancy! 22 weeks to be exact! I have been blessed without all of the dreaded symptoms that go along with having a baby.  Some say it's because I am having a boy instead of a girl, others just call me plain old lucky.  I'll chalk it up to lucky...

Jason and I really wanted to do something special to reveal to our family and friends the sex of our baby.  So I decided on a Gender Reveal Party down at the Beach.  I opted to do a Balloon reveal and had a photographer on hand so I didn't have to give anyone camera duty that afternoon.  I wanted it to be gender neutral of course so it made it fun making up all of the little goodies. 



I put together little pails of appetizers to be enjoyed on the beach. I had stickers made that read, "Is Baby Willard a Boy or a Girl?" This became my overall theme on all my coordinating accompaniments.  In the sand pails, I included Prosciutto wrapped asparagus and orange aioli dipping sauce, Marinated Mozarella Caprese Skewers, Hummus and Pita Chips and a Chocolate Covered Strawberry.  These were a perfect beach side treat because everything could be made ahead of time and transferred well.  Our guests were pleasantly suprised when they were greeted with a pink or blue bucket to kick off the party!


I created both a Blue and Pink Punch.  The pink was strawberry lemonade in which I added some raspberries to for color and texture. I also made up a Blue Raspberry lemoanade and threw in a few blueberries for the same effect as the pink. 
Upon arrival I presented our guests with their choice of either pink or blue flip flops.  "Kick off your shoes and stay awhile." the tag read...
Now for the reveal...I sent Jason to the party supply store with an empty box and they filled it with blue balloons.  We then sealed up the box so NO PEEKING...
Drum roll please...
IT"S A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
“A new baby is like the beginning of all things-wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities.”


 

No comments:

Post a Comment