1.19.2012

Boo Boo Bling, Wonder Mascara and How to get a Plum Smoky Eye

Boo Boo Bling
I love a sky high pair of stilettos but I hate the fear of falling.  The embarrassment and the recovery time that the season's short shorts just can't give up! Thanks to Boo Boo Bling we can rock those ouchies like the newest Louis Vuitton!

How is it that when we trip and fall that we manage to gouge the exact same knee in the exact same spot as the last time it happened...  That gouge turns into a scar and we are forever marked as clumsy according to our marked knees.  Oh, how I miss the days where I could get away with Barbie bandaids.  Something fun with some personality.  Sometimes I would even put a bandaid on the wound that wasn't even there just to rock the Barbie Bandaid.  I just wanted a fancy bandaid... I was born a glamour puss, what can I say. Once you hit that age where only a flesh colored bandaid will do, bandaids become boring and falling is no longer fun. It's dreaded... Why can't bandaids be like foundation? Why can't we go to Sephora and they can color match it to our skin tone. Bam! Second skin until we heal...Well unfortunately that pretty much will never happen because there isn't a market large enough to care about it except well maybe ME!

Thanks to Cynthia Rowley's bandaid's with sequins, and rhinestone decorative bling by Sephora boring Boo Boo's are a thing of the past!!! 

Boo Boo Bling $1 Sephora (Originally $4)


Urban Decay Super Curl Curling Mascara $20 Sephora.com

Mascara of the Moment
I have done Mascara reviews in past posts, however if I try something new and absolutely love it, I will most definitely shout it from the rooftops...Well here it is!

Urban Decay Super Curl Curling Mascara is AMAZING!  I have NEVER tried a Mascara that actually curled sans eyelash curler!  What I love most is that when I put on false lashes, my natural lashes curl right along with the falsies.  They follow the curl and stay put.  I promise I didn't put on falsies today and here's a pic of my lashes midday.  I hate my natural lashes and this mascara gives me hope. :)

For $20 this mascara really works...let me know all who end up buying this little tube of magic!

How To: Plum Smoky Eye
Products Needed:
Mac Eyeshadow in Quartz, Shale & Shadowy Lady
Makeup Forever Aqua Eye Liner in Mat Black
(2) Mac 224 Tapered Blending Brush (One to deposit color and the other to blend)
219 Mac Pencil Brush

Step 1
Apply Quartz from lash line to brow bone
Step 2
Apply Shadowy Lady in a sideways "V" on the outer corners of the eye and blend toward the center.  Blend, blend, blend
Step 3
Apply Shale from the middle of your eye to the inner corners
Step 4
 Apply Aqua Eyes Eye Liner and blend with the 219 into and upwards into the "V" to create the all over smoky eye

Wear with a nude lipstick such as Mac Fleshpot, Peachstock or  Honeylove and finish with a little gloss and you are ready to go!

Mmwah!

No comments:

Post a Comment