9.07.2010

To Wear Clogs or Not to Wear Clogs...that is the Question

Clogs. Say it; it sounds clunky, awkward, uncomfortable, and most of all ugly. But I have to confess, as many times that I swore that I would never wear them, I'll be the first to admit that there are some styles out there that are pretty darn cute and if you can believe it, hot!  Can you put clogs and cute in the same sentence?  Now you can!  Clogs are a popularity that you can expect to only increase not to mention a popularity that will see the trend carry over from Summer into Autumn / Fall 2010 and then again as one of 2011's fashion trends.  Go figure.  Clogs are here to stay.  I've always felt that their name carried an unfair stigma against them. Ok, so I never did but now I just might change my mind as to how I feel about those clunky, akward, uncomfortable little beauties.

Michael by Michael Kors Astor High Clog ($120)
Zappos.com
These fab Michael Kors clogs pictured above sit in my closet at this very moment, perfectly untouched and visibly unworn. I bought them last fall thinking that they would be my "Go To" shoe for fall/winter of last year.  Little did I know that they would still be in the box this year. Today is the day I open the box and wear them!

 
To Wear Clogs...THAT IS THE ANSWER! 

Clog Styles to Wear:


According to this assembly of style stars, there is a clog for everyone. Try with a charming pair of sheer tights, or pair them with your favorite broken-in boyfriend jeans, or worn with a whimsical floral dress and black blazer to offset the look. Your options are endless.
*Clogs are unlikely to be in short supply, but along with the good there'll be plenty of bad. Some advice, if I may:

Clogs with heels only. And not just any heel, but one of good proportion.  :) 

Happy Clogging!





No comments:

Post a Comment