9.27.2010

Men are like Mascara...

Men are like mascara...They usually run at the first sign of emotion.

The best mascara (sigh) … Every female at least once in her life called a quest for a mascara that would be perfect for her eyelashes.  And I am no exception.  So, as a result of years and years of searching, buying and experimenting, I finally found what I think to be the Best Mascaras on the Beauty Market today.  

Being the make-up junkie that  I am - I have tried it all from Maybelline for $2.99 to DiorShow for almost $30.  So as you go through the list of my top faves - I bet you'll wonder what mascara it is that I use on a daily basis - All of them! Just like shampoo I am a firm believer in switching out your beauty products every so often to achieve the best results.  My current obsession however is the Givenchy Phenom for my bottom lashes.  It is in my beauty bag at ALL times!  
  

Givenchy Phenom Eyes Mascara

$27   Sephora.com
Description:
"This revolutionary mascara is made in such a way that your lashes will be gripped from the roots to the tips. The round sphere may look odd, but it does work miraculously in separating and curling your lashes."
My Opinion:
Based on the price and the beautifully fanned out panoramic effect – the Givenchy Phenom Eyes Mascara is a fabulous buy. I personally think that no other mascara on the market, no matter how odd-shaped the sphere is–can produce the unique and dazzling effect that will just bring out the beauty of your eyes, whatever its shape and size.  It’s definitely one of the best among all the mascaras out there!
-When wearing this mascara I get compliment after compliment, who wouldn’t want that?

$26 Nordstrom.com
Lancome Hypnose

Description:

"Dare to go up to 6 times the volume. With each stroke, the patented POWERFUL™ brush intensifies lashes from root to tip. Exclusive, fluid SoftSculpt ™ formula, enriched with Vitamin B5, wraps lashes one luxurious layer at a time without smearing, smudging or clumping."

My opinion:

The mascara is perfect for creating the volume AND the length, it also separates lashes beautifully.   Lancome adds yet another proud member to the Mascara Family and continues to wow us with their lash magic.


Dior Diorshow Mascara


$27.50 Sephora.com
 DiorShow was named Best Overall Mascara in InStyle magazine’s “148 best beauty buys”

Description:

"Dior Diorshow is Dior’s cult-fave, super volumizing, lengthening, and curling mascara. It creates the longest, thickest, curviest lashes ever, resulting in an ultra-glam “just-off-the-catwalk look."

My Opinion:

Dior Diorshow is an excellent mascara, but it does not work for everyone (for me personally it came as a challenge at first, as the wand seemed too big for my little eyelashes, but it gave amazing results once I got the hang of it).   The girls with longer lashes don’t face a problem like that, usually they fall in love with this mascara at first try. They say although the brush is huge, it makes their lashes look incredible, long, well separated, with a lot of volume and curl…  It’s true.  I’ve seen it on my eyelashes! Amazing results!

$27.50 Sephora.com
Chanel Inimitable

Description:

"Now, in a single stroke, Chanel sets a new standard in mascara with a formula that does it all. A sophisticated formula and unique brush design combine to lengthen, plump and curl, delivering lush, long-wearing colour so precisely that each lash, even the finest, is perfectly defined and separated."

My Opinion:

Just like the ad says, with the first stroke you get the lashes you’ve always wanted! But of course you will need an eye lash curler before you apply the mascara. Your lashes will be spectacular!  Hands down, the best mascara ever!

Well there you have it, my list of Favorite Mascaras.  Whether it be the $2.99 Maybelline or the $30 Dior, always remember that every person is different and what works for one person may not work for another.  It's all about finding what works for you. These are just some suggestions that I have personally found are little miracles in a tube.  It's up to you to find your Magic Wand...
 Note: You should typically never keep more than 2 mascaras on hand at one time since ideally you should only keep mascara for 6 months regardless of how new you think it still is.





 


No comments:

Post a Comment